Some people don’t know how they need to use their washing machine, these following tips will help you directly!
Where does the detergent go? A washing machine has several compartments. You can put your detergent, detergent powder or fabric softener in these compartments. But which tray is for what? If you spin a main wash, the detergent must be in the compartment with the symbol II on it. Want to know more about all these things about wasmachines? Read the following website to get to know everything! https://witgoedland.net/wasmachine/
- Where do I put the detergent?
- In the drawer
- In the drum
- Note the symbols I and II
When using powdered detergent, always put it in the appropriate compartment of your washing machine. If you put the powder in the drum with your washing, the powder will concentrate too much in one place and the rest of your washing will not be properly cleaned. In the drawer of your washing machine there are several boxes with different icons. These icons indicate what needs to be done where.
- To make sure that you put the washing powder in the right compartment, it is best to look up the manual of your washing machine. In general, you should put the detergent for the main wash in the largest compartment. Washing powder is especially suitable for really dirty laundry with, for example, grass or wine stains.
Liquid detergent can also be poured into the largest compartment of the drawer when you use it for the main wash. However, you can also pour the liquid detergent into a dispenser. These are also called washing balls. Here you pour the detergent in and place it on top of your washing.
- Liquid detergent is also available in tablet and capsule form. These are small bags of detergent that you place in the bottom of your washing drum and on top of which you put the laundry. An advantage of liquid detergent is that it does not need to be dissolved and is therefore very suitable for shorter washing programmes.
Washing nuts are biodegradable balls that you can use for washing. The used nuts can be thrown on your compost heap or in the biobak afterwards. If you are going to wash with it, put the wash nuts together in a tightly bound bag that you then put in the drum next to the laundry.
- The wash nuts are very suitable for people with sensitive skin and/or allergies. Afterwards, the laundry feels soft to the touch. Do not use fabric softener in combination with the wash nuts. If you wash at low temperatures, you can use the washes twice. Read more about (environmentally) efficient washing here.
Symbols on your washing machine
So you can either put the detergent in the drawer of your washing machine or place it in the drum. In the first case, look at the symbols on the drawer. These symbols indicate which detergent can be used. To make sure that you are using the right box, it is best to look up the manual for your washing machine. As we already mentioned, the largest compartment is often for the detergent you use for your main wash.
- The smaller compartment is for the prewash. The prewash is done when you have very dirty laundry that needs to be soaked first. These boxes are (often) indicated by the symbols I and II. This means that the II is the box for the main wash and I is the box for the prewash. Next to the box for the fabric softener is (often) a flower or an asterisk.