Success in CRM is a journey, not a destination. CRM success isn’t simply the sum of all the CRM activities you take part in, but rather an ongoing process that’s ever evolving and continuously improving.
In truth, CRM needs to be managed differently from traditional enterprise technologies such as ERP systems in which they’re installed on-premise and managed by the CRM team. CRM is a business process that needs to be seamlessly integrated into all departments, marketing, sales, service and support.
CRM success isn’t just about how many contacts you have or reports you can create; it’s about how CRM optimizes your relationships with customers, prospects and suppliers to achieve overall business excellence. CRM should be ingrained into the organisation’s DNA, so much so that its collaboration, communications and decision-making processes are optimized – resulting in greater customer satisfaction, better brand loyalty and increased revenue.
To achieve CRM success businesses need to step out of their comfort zone and completely embrace CRM as the valuable business process it is, not just as a CRM technology. CRM needs to be implemented quickly so that everyone can benefit from its capabilities within weeks rather than months or years. CRM requires the entire organisation’s support and must be embraced by all departments so CRM success can be achieved in little time.
You may think CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a difficult and costly investment to make for your business. You may think CRM will force you to change how you do things, or that CRM systems are really complicated. Wrong!!! CRM can be easy and quick to implement and CRM systems are easy to use. CRM can save you time and money and CRM is a pretty simple concept – CRM is about making your business processes more efficient and easier for your customers. Simple!
What CRM can do for any size of business:
- CRM helps manage your data effectively
- CRM enables you to generate more business
- CRM will help you save money by keeping your overheads down
- CRM can reduce customer service issues and complaints
Follow our 7 easy hints for CRM success:
1) Create a CRM strategy– make sure you have one in place
2) Make CRM work for your business – CRM can be adaptable to your business and help you improve sales, marketing and customer service so find the CRM solution that fits with you.
3) Set achievable goals – CRM is all about getting organised and staying on top of things. By setting achievable CRM goals you’ll have a better chance of CRM success so make them measurable and realistic.
4) Get your whole team involved – if a CRM is going to work it needs the involvement of every member of staff, from those who deal with customers on a day-to-day basis to senior management.
5) CRM is not just about sales – CRM can be used to manage pretty much every aspect of your business and has the power to improve customer service, marketing and even finance so make sure you get CRM working across your whole organisation. It may not be a one stop CRM solution but CRM can improve all of your business processes.
6) CRM is a fluid system – CRM doesn’t need to be set in stone, CRM can and should evolve as you use it and get more CRM experience, make sure you check out CRM software providers who offer CRM software that’s flexible and easy to adapt.
7) CRM is easy to implement – CRM doesn’t have to be difficult, CRM solutions are being created all the time that are quick and easy for your business to get your CRM up and running.
So what are you waiting for? Go out there today and find yourself a CRM solution that’s right for your business and get CRM working from day one. Look here